CH03 - The Search
Soon after rain started to slow down, I ran towards the gate. It wasn’t actually the rain I was waiting for but the thoughts of her circling around. I soon realized that she had gone & could feel that something was really wrong with her behavior. I didn’t had enough of conversation with her to know her whereabouts thus was perplexed what to do next.
I decided to not to go back to my house instead directly follow her. I called up my office stating I won’t be making up to work today. I started running & was now out of the park. There were three paths out from the garden. Straight would get you to the main town. If Somebody chooses left they would take you to main bus station or railway station. On the right was like outskirts of the town, walking nearly around 2–3 kms opens up to a dense forest. I wasn’t sure what to choose.
It was more than 10 minutes me walking & now was almost out of the town. Being morning I could barely see any passers by. Though I choose right, I had no other option than to walk. I soon was surrounded by long oak & pine trees. There it was when I encountered something strange. I could see a deserted house. It was more of a hut than house. It appeared to be very badly built. Dry grass, Bamboos & poor quality of left out wooden logs were all used. Though wasn’t bad for survival. After investigating I found no one around & decided to enter the hut.
I could see abandoned utensils, clothes, slippers & food items. It was very stinky. It insinuated to me from the clothes that the house belonged to female. I was thirsty & tired after a long walk & thus started looking for some water. In the corner somewhere was the broken plate but couldn't see any source of water anyways. I bent down to pick up the broken piece of plate as would have helped me get hold of some water in my further journey. I was analyzing the portion of plate when my eyes got stuck on something which I missed last time. It appeared to be kind of diary, wasn't actually on closer observation & turned out to be a used note book. I felt quite optimistic of any further clues related to her.
"Hello, Who's in there", sounded someone stranger.
"Hmmm...It's me. I mean...my name is Prateek", hiding the note book on my back I said.
"What the hell are you doing here? Who are you?", said stranger in a sturdy voice. I had not seen him carefully yet. But now I had a replete look. He was a tall guy with a Khaki color cloth. It wasn't late that I realized he must be some kind of forest guard
With a confidence voice I said," Sir, I was on a adventure trip when I felt low. I thought of taking a power nap & thus took shelter here. I was looking for some water. Can you help me out please?", showing the broken plate.
"Yeah, well, you won't find any much useful things here. Come out & drink the water I've.", he said in flimsy voice.
I felt assured & drank some water, which I really was in need of. Before I wanted to further move in to forest, I threw casual gossip with the guard. This conversation after the small introduction went on to be very sober. I was shocked after hearing to what he said. Here's part of our conversation thereafter.
"Aaahhh..So, I thought you to be kind of an intruder. You're an't any sort of. Ha ha ha", Said he smilingly.
"Sir, glad to meet you. Can I ask you something If you don't mind?", I said being polite.
"Go Ahead", he said.
"I want to know about this house. I felt something suspicious about this place. Please don't refuse & answer my question. I know that this abandoned house was residence to a girl sometime back. Tell me everything sir. I need your help", I said invariably.
"Listen, but keep it up to you. I'm gonna tell you the complete Truth I know. Don't ever come back to me after I tell it to you, promise me", he said like an arrow.
"Yes, I do.", assuring him I said.
I decided to not to go back to my house instead directly follow her. I called up my office stating I won’t be making up to work today. I started running & was now out of the park. There were three paths out from the garden. Straight would get you to the main town. If Somebody chooses left they would take you to main bus station or railway station. On the right was like outskirts of the town, walking nearly around 2–3 kms opens up to a dense forest. I wasn’t sure what to choose.
It was more than 10 minutes me walking & now was almost out of the town. Being morning I could barely see any passers by. Though I choose right, I had no other option than to walk. I soon was surrounded by long oak & pine trees. There it was when I encountered something strange. I could see a deserted house. It was more of a hut than house. It appeared to be very badly built. Dry grass, Bamboos & poor quality of left out wooden logs were all used. Though wasn’t bad for survival. After investigating I found no one around & decided to enter the hut.
I could see abandoned utensils, clothes, slippers & food items. It was very stinky. It insinuated to me from the clothes that the house belonged to female. I was thirsty & tired after a long walk & thus started looking for some water. In the corner somewhere was the broken plate but couldn't see any source of water anyways. I bent down to pick up the broken piece of plate as would have helped me get hold of some water in my further journey. I was analyzing the portion of plate when my eyes got stuck on something which I missed last time. It appeared to be kind of diary, wasn't actually on closer observation & turned out to be a used note book. I felt quite optimistic of any further clues related to her.
"Hello, Who's in there", sounded someone stranger.
"Hmmm...It's me. I mean...my name is Prateek", hiding the note book on my back I said.
"What the hell are you doing here? Who are you?", said stranger in a sturdy voice. I had not seen him carefully yet. But now I had a replete look. He was a tall guy with a Khaki color cloth. It wasn't late that I realized he must be some kind of forest guard
With a confidence voice I said," Sir, I was on a adventure trip when I felt low. I thought of taking a power nap & thus took shelter here. I was looking for some water. Can you help me out please?", showing the broken plate.
"Yeah, well, you won't find any much useful things here. Come out & drink the water I've.", he said in flimsy voice.
I felt assured & drank some water, which I really was in need of. Before I wanted to further move in to forest, I threw casual gossip with the guard. This conversation after the small introduction went on to be very sober. I was shocked after hearing to what he said. Here's part of our conversation thereafter.
"Aaahhh..So, I thought you to be kind of an intruder. You're an't any sort of. Ha ha ha", Said he smilingly.
"Sir, glad to meet you. Can I ask you something If you don't mind?", I said being polite.
"Go Ahead", he said.
"I want to know about this house. I felt something suspicious about this place. Please don't refuse & answer my question. I know that this abandoned house was residence to a girl sometime back. Tell me everything sir. I need your help", I said invariably.
"Listen, but keep it up to you. I'm gonna tell you the complete Truth I know. Don't ever come back to me after I tell it to you, promise me", he said like an arrow.
"Yes, I do.", assuring him I said.
Comments
Post a Comment